What the difference: an identifiable or anonymous egg donor
The Egg donation in Ukraine is regulated by Article 48 of the Fundamentals of Ukrainian Health Law, Article 123, the Family Code of Ukraine, but the most legal aspects of egg donation in Ukraine are disclosed in the Instruction on the procedure for the use of assistive reproductive technologies, approved by the Ministry of Health № 771 of 23.12.2008. Legal documents determine the characteristics of a person who can become an egg donor.
Necessary documents for the donation of oocytes (paragraph 5.10 of No. 771):
- An agreement with a donor of oocytes on a conscious, voluntary agreement to participate in an ovulation donor program and the controlled ovulation and ovary puncture stimulation;
- Application, where the written consent of the donor's husband is given.
In case the egg is provided by an anonymous voluntary donor, the law guarantees full confidentiality and preservation of medical secrets. Ovulation donors can not take parental responsibility for a future baby. Anonymity also means that the family of recipients receives only general information about the donor. It is nationality, height, weight, color of eyes and hair, education, the presence of family and children, blood group and Rh factor. The married couple signs a statement that they commit not to identify the donor of the egg and understand that further communication between them or their children with the donor is impossible.
INTERSONO IVF clinic was the first clinic at the western part of Ukraine, which started IVF services and has been successfully providing multiple options for IVF treatment for 15 years!
Our success rates talk for themselves, 64% of clinical pregnancy reached with Egg donor oocytes. We have one of the best Egg donation programs in the Eastern Europe - our LIVE BIRTH success rate in Egg donation programs is 42%. And this indicator is higher than average in Europe.
An egg donor can be any healthy woman aged 18 to 35 years provided:
- the presence of a birth of a healthy child;
- satisfactory physical and mental health;
- absence of hereditary diseases and bad habits.
All our egg donors have next examinations:
- General Practitioner examination of the state of physical health– valid 12 months.
- Blood group and Rh factor - non expiring test.
- Full blood analysis – valid 3 months.
- Coagulogram - valid 3 months.
- Antibodies to HIV - valid 3 months.
- Antibodies to syphilis - valid 3 months.
- Hepatitis B (HBsAg) - valid 3 months.
- Hepatitis C (HCV) - valid 3 months.
- Blood test for antibodies Ig G and Ig M to toxoplasma, herpes and cytomegalovirus - valid 6 months.
- PAP smear test – valid 6 months.
- Vaginal swab - valid 6 months.
- General gynecological examination; – valid 6 months.
- Ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs – valid 6 months.
- Chlamydia trachomatis - valid 6 months.
- Blood test for antymyulleriv hormone (AMH), prolactin (PRL), folitropin (FSH), lyutropina (LH), progesterone (P), estradiol (E2), Thyroid stimulating hormone/thyroid function test (TSH).
- Karyotype - non expiring test
- Cystic fibrosis - non expiring test
In Intersono we have 2 options with female donors:
- anonymous egg donor.
- Identifiable egg donor.
All our male donors are anonymous.
Programs with Fresh and Vitrified Egg Donation include anonymus donors. That means that you will get only general information about donor - nationality, height, weight, color of eyes and hair, education, the presence of family and children, blood group and Rh factor, photos, medical history, donor history.
If you want to choose identifiable donor for your program you will get all the same information about donor as in anonymus program.
When your future child will be 18 years old, you can provide him/her information that donor of oocytes, from what oocytes he/she was born is identifiable and he/she can contact with Intersono. Their contact (child and donor) will be through clinic.